Risk Assessment Policy Covid-19Liberty School of dance
Risk Assessment Policy
We are welcoming our students back to St. Mary’s church halls from 12th September 2020 and have undertaken an extensive risk assessment in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. All government guidelines are being closely followed on a regular basis and amendments will be made to this risk assessment if the need arises. All procedures have been put in place to minimise the risk of Covid-19 to our students and families.
Below are the precautions which all of us at the school will take in order to ensure that the environment is safe so that we help to prevent the possible transmission of the Covid-19 virus as much as we can. We will consider the risks faced and do everything reasonably practicable to minimise them, but we recognise that we cannot completely eliminate the risk of Covid-19.
Whilst it is necessary to maintain social distancing for the foreseeable future, there will be reduced access for parents and carers inside the building. There are only three instances when a parent or carer will be allowed into the building and this must never exceed the maximum of 5 adults in the lobby area at any one time.
- Nursery aged children who are reluctant as they are so young.
- The parents of new students.
- In the event of an emergency.
All adults and Children aged 11+ must wear a face mask in the lobby area and myself and all helpers will wear a facemask when dismissing and welcoming new classes. All teachers and helpers will wear a visor for classes with small children as naturally there are times when teachers may need to get a little closer to them to ensure social distancing is occurring between them. I, Marina O’Brien will make immediate amendments to this set up as and when/if the government make changes to these guidelines. Parents will be notified by email and social media platforms if this occurs.
List of cleaning to be completed at end of the day:
- Wipe down all doors and handles – front door, side door, a door in between the entrance and lobby, pin number pad, the doors to the Richardson and Lait rooms, doors to the toilets and all doors to the Hall. These will be done with antibacterial wipes or Dettol spray.
- Wipe down the surface area of cupboards in the lobby and the table used for teaching equipment.
- Mop the hall floor
- Clean toilet area
- All social distancing floor spots will be taken home to be sanitised.
Other points to note:
In an emergency, for example, an accident, the provision of first aid, fire or break-in, people will not be expected to social distance if it is deemed unsafe.
What to do if Liberty school of Dance has a suspected COVID-19 case
- Immediately cease activity and isolate the person until they can be taken home where they should self-isolate
- Inform others who may have been in contact that they may have been exposed to COVID-19
- All students, the teacher and class assistant who were in a class with anyone that may be infected must self-isolate and not return to class for the appropriate number of days.